Well Crafted Mac’n Cheese
- 1 cup cashews
- ¾ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup oat flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 1 teaspoons powdered mustard
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and process until a powder is formed. There should not be any discernible chunks or large granules of cashews, so this may take 3 to 4 minutes of processing.
- Store this in a jar or portion out into 1⁄3-cup increments and put in ziplock bags and store in the pantry for a month or two or in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
How to use this mix:
- Cook 1 cup of dry macaroni according to package instructions and drain.
- Combine 1⁄3 cup mix with 1 cup water or unsweetened nondairy milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Whisk well and bring to a boil. Simmer for 1 minute, then toss with hot cooked macaroni.
**Note – this is not my recipe and there are a lot of copy cats out there. The original recipe comes from Miyoko’s (https://miyokos.com/) but the recipe is no longer posted.